Last week, a tragic incident occurred in Fargo, North Dakota when Mohamad Barakat, one of Barak Obama’s ‘asylum seekers’, a 37-year-old Syrian, opened fire on police officers who were responding to a collision.
The gunfire resulted in the death of rookie officer Jake Wallin and the critical injury of two other officers – Tyler Hawes and Andrew Dotas. A 25-year-old woman was also shot and injured during the attack.
Investigations revealed that Barakat had been researching mass shootings online as well as looking for crowded social events in Fargo prior to the incident.
Upon searching his vehicle, authorities recovered a hand grenade, explosives, canisters with gasoline, multiple guns and 1,800 rounds of ammo. Police have failed to classify this act as terrorism despite evidence suggesting more mayhem could have been planned by Barakat.
This event has sparked debate around the safety of America’s streets while raising questions about whether proper measures are being taken to protect citizens from potential terrorist acts arising from foreign asylum seekers coming into the United States.
KFYR TV reported:
On Friday, more details were released about last week’s critical incident in Fargo that left one officer dead, two others in critical condition and a civilian injured.
Attorney General Drew Wrigley said that 37-year-old shooter Mohamed Barakat was a Syrian national who came to the U.S. on asylum in 2012. He gained citizenship in 2019, but Wrigley did not say when Barakat moved to the Fargo-Moorhead area.
This is the only known photo of Mohamed Barakat. Attorney General Drew Wrigley said Barakat had little to no social media and community presence. Barakat’s online search history revealed he had been researching mass shootings for years and even crowded social events in Fargo-Moorhead in the days leading up to the devasting incident.
“That such events could transpire in the wake of a fender bender, a fender bender in Fargo, North Dakota,” said Wrigley.