Today, U.S. Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) announced that he will no longer be posting videos to YouTube unless it is to criticize the platform or announce that viewers can see his content on Rumble.com, where they don’t censor the news.
The Senator announced in a press release Monday:
“Today I begin my exodus from Big Tech, starting with the worst censor of all, YouTube,” said Dr. Paul. “As a libertarian leaning Senator, I think private companies have the right to ban me if they want to, however, those of us who believe that truth comes from disputation and that the marketplace of ideas is a prerequisite for innovation should shun the close-minded censors and take our ideas elsewhere, which is exactly what I’m doing.”
Over the last year, YouTube has continued to wage its dangerous, anti-progress of science war against free speech, choosing to act in lockstep with government and ban videos posted by Dr. Paul that dared to contradict the government’s position. These videos included conversations with journalists where he discussed the efficacy of masks, particularly cloth masks, and a video explaining the science behind why cloth masks don’t work.
For journalists and Kentuckians who want to continue receiving updates on Dr. Paul’s work in the Senate, you will be able to find fresh, new video content on his Rumble page HERE.”
Paul is just the latest free-thinking patriot to ditch the liberal platform for the more freedom-based competitor.
YouTube expanded its hate and harassment policies earlier this year to ban videos that promote what it deems “conspiracy theories”. So creators of those types of videos have moved over to Rumble.
In October, Rumble said there were about 50 million unique visits to its site, but that number has grown since election day. Rumble is currently the #2 app for photo & video in the Apple App Store.