A deranged Democrat threatened to kill Rep. Lauren Boebert several times before his arrest. Matthew Comiskey, a self-described “lib,” was arrested in Palm Beach for his tweets threatening Boebert’s life.
His tweets include:
“don’t come to Florida. Us libs have big guns here and we stand our ground. Take you down like Trayvon,” and “if I ever saw Lauren I’d be glad to take her out and go to prison. Would be job well done.”
“Don’t worry Lauren, someone is coming soon to show your face the 2nd amendment in practice with a copper jacket. Enjoy.” Other tweets included saying that she should be “put down.”
“Someone needs to put Lauren down like a sick dog,” and “She is a true waste of life. Someone exercise their 2nd amendment right to her face!”
Matthew Comiskey was arrested and charged with five felonies
Boebert commented on the arrest:
“I’m thankful for the professional and effective work of the Capitol Police and the FBI. These threats will not deter me from my work to effectively represent the 3rd District of Colorado and secure the rights of the American people.”
- Aug. 31, 2021: “lf I ever saw Lauren I’d be glad to take her out and go to prison. Would be job well done.”
- Sept. 8, 2021: “Don’t worry Lauren, someone is coming soon to show your face the 2nd amendment in practice with a copper jacket. Enjoy.”
- Sept. 15, 2021: “Someone needs to put Lauren down like a sick dog. She is a true waste of life! Someone exercise their 2nd amendment right to her face! Since the @CIA is a failure and @FBI is incompetent at charging her for being a terrorist it’s time to do it ourselves! Pew pew Laurren.”
- Sept. 17, 2021: “I got my 2nd amendment tool all ready to destroy Laurren’s face! Hopefully in front of her kids.”
- Sept. 17, 2021: “Don’t come to Florida us libs have big guns here and we stand out (sic) ground. Take you down like Trayvon.”
There are five felony charges against Comiskey. Each one carries a penalty from 2 to 20 years each, so if he is convicted, he is looking at 10 to 100 years in prison. Even if the judge decides to have the terms run concurrentlly, he would serve two years.